"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why You Should Be Getting More Sun

Forbes Magazine presents this article on how most Americans are not getting enough Vitamin D. I know it seems like I've had a number of articles on this topic in the last few weeks, but everywhere you turn there is another doctor, health organization, etc. touting the benefits of Vitamin D, not only for bone health, but immune system, Seasonal Affective Disorder (something I really worry about in my northern friends), and much more. As a side note, since I started taking 5000 IU's of Vitamin D, when I am out in the sun, I turn the most delicious shade of tan, I do not burn. I don't bake myself on a regular basis, but I do develop a nice little tan by the begining of summer (I live in NC).

No comments:

Post a Comment