"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Drug price disparity galls Charlotte couple---

This article was on the front page of this morning's Charlotte Observer. I know many of my blog readers are not yet at Medicare age, but you probably have parents or other loved ones who are---to put it mildly, Medicare Part D is a mess. Hopefully we all live long enough to receive Medicare benefits, so this will affect those of us at the latter end of the boomer generation. The timing of this article is particularly fascinating to me, as most of you know, I did a little informal survery of about 80-90 compounding pharmacies across the country earlier this week (via email). Less than 10% of the pharmacies have responded. Interesting. I am deeply appreciative of the pharmacies who have responded, and I will post the results within a couple weeks. Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment