"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chocolate cravings: Not due to hormones, says study

Actually, a lot of what is in this study, as outlined in this article from foodnavigator.com makes sense-----yes, I do crave chocolate (always have) and yes, I eat for comfort (I'm better than I used to be. The bioidentical hormones (especially the progesterone) have helped me with the depressive issues that used to make me binge eat). I used to work with a teacher who, every four weeks, used to come in to the teacher's room for lunch and eat (I am not kidding you) HoHo's, chocolate doughnuts, and two cartons of chocolate milk. She was so miserable and bitchy from PMS even our students caught on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment