"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, September 21, 2009

Is the FDA Poised to Ban a Century-Old Natural Remedy?

I am hypothyroid, but I am fortunate to be one of the people who can take Levoxyl (and I also take a compounded T3 thyroid hormone) to balance my thyroid. I am well aware, however, of the jam that many people nationwide are in because of the shortage of Armour and several of its derivatives. I just ran across this article that has a brief explanation as to why Armour is in such short supply---and be sure to read Dr. Mercola's comments at the end of the article. I have Mary Shomon's new book The Menopause Thyroid Solution: Overcome Menopause by Solving Your Hidden Thyroid Problems on my Amazon.com order, I look forward to reading it because I consider Mary Shomon one of the nation's experts on the subject of thyroid. Her site at About.com Thyroid Disease is must read for anyone with thyroid issues (and it's a lot of us--common problem with peri/menopausal women).

No comments:

Post a Comment