"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How Long Does It Take For BHRT To Start Working?

I get this question all the time, for me, the progesterone started working within a few days, but it's important to note that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! I know it's very scary when you try a new protocol like bioidentical hormones. When you feel terrible, you want to feel better fast, but understand that hormonal balance is somewhat of an art and a science, and it may take some tweaking of your doses to get the optimal regime for your body. I ran across this article from a site called hr:Handbags (Canadian site)----good reading.

2 comments:

  1. I was suffering from sleep deprevation and started taking a bioidentical progesteron capsule, i found that within about 2 weeks i was sleeping much better, within 2 months my sleep issues were gone, and i even started to lose weight. For more information on the bioidentical hormones check out this sites FAQ's it can answer all your questions, it even has video.

    http://www.bodylogicmd.com/questions-about-hormone-therapy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on bios for about 6 months and still have ups and downs. It has gotten better, tho. I am going to give it a year and see if it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete