"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, September 6, 2009

Isolated systolic hypertension

Ran across this article from the Detroit Free Press on hypertension (high blood pressure). The hormones (and the weight loss) helped bring my blood pressure down to normal range, and as the article explains, regular exercise helps too (the energy I get from the progesterone cream allows me to exercise 5-6 days a week). I swim, do circuit training, and in the cooler weather I walk several days a week. If you are not checking your blood pressure regularly (I do mine every other day---more often if I am very stressed or my pain level gets really high)----think about getting a blood pressure monitor for your home and using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment