"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, September 10, 2009

Helpful ways to boost your memory

One of the biggest complaints from peri/menopausal women is "brain fog"-----and the 40's and 50's are often a time when a woman needs more brain power to cope with not only her own body transitions, but she is dealing with family issues such as aging parents, kids going to college, marriage, you name it. This article from CNNhealth.com (and they got it from Health Magazine) outlines a number of ways to boost your brain. My favourite brain game is Sudoku (can almost do the five star ones now!), and I just put Bejeweled on my IPhone. I also engage in a lot of activities like blogging, knitting (think that's not a brain activity---you try figuring out some of those patterns!), and I am a very social animal----I love to talk to people! Have a great day everyone, and don't forget to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment