"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hot Flashes or Depression: Which Comes First?

Many of us have experienced both (I was on antidepressants for 15 years before I got my hormones balanced). Massachusetts General Hospital's Women's Center for Mental Health (don't we all wish we had one of those close to where we live) did a study on the correlation between hot flashes and depression, and you can read more about it by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm no scientist or doctor, but it seems pretty obvious to me that depression and hot flashes are both symptoms of hormonal imbalance rather than one being caused by the other.

    Now if someone could figure out just HOW to balance my hormones perhaps I could feel normal again? The bio-identical progesterone doesn't seem to be working on either of these symptoms for me....though I have have seen remarkable improvement in other areas.

    ReplyDelete